Quality is in our DNA!
East Side Clinical Laboratory (ESCL) is a full-service clinical laboratory with over 65 locations servicing Rhode Island, Southern Massachusetts, and Connecticut and surrounding communities.
Hematology Medical Laboratory Technologist/Technician
Full-time, Second Shift
Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm – 11:30pm with a rotating Saturday schedule ~once a month from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
ESCL Main Lab in East Providence, RI
- Performs moderate and high complexity testing. Analyzes, reviews, and reports test results and quality control results and takes remedial action when indicated. Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform clinical laboratory testing
- Competently performs all tests in moderate and high complexity testing
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results
- Understands and operates test systems proficiently
- Ability to troubleshoot test systems and take appropriate action where indicated
- BS Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science
- Hematology and IFA experience preferred
- Ability to read diffs required
- Certified in the area of Clinical Laboratory Science by the American Society of Clinical
- Pathologists (ASCP) required
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual
- Voluntary Benefits
- Global International Healthcare with Sonic Healthcare USA
- Community-based presence with Neighbors as Patients
ESCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ESCL is an Affirmative Action Employer. ESCL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EOE/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran